As Payroll Assistant you will help the Payroll Manager to provide timely and accurate payment of salaries and wages to all staff. Using Sage 50 payroll you will assist in running the group payrolls.
You will ensure that starters and leavers are set up on the payroll system, pay salaries and hours claimed, checks for accuracy of statutory and voluntary deductions from salary are applied with appropriate authorisation.
Monthly and annual legislative returns are made on time and accurately to appropriate bodies.
You will help to manage the pension schemes.
You will be a contact for payroll enquiries, and would be expected to answer questions from employees and managers, liaising with external agencies such as HM Revenue and Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions.
About Marketing Sciences
A medium sized company, we deliver market research, expertise and consultancy to some of the world’s biggest brands, across several business sectors (fast moving consumer goods, technology, financial, retail) providing them with knowledge, recommendations and opportunities for major business decisions. For more information visit our website: http://marketing-sciences.com
What we’re looking for in you
• Good standard of education with GCSE passes in Mathematics and English or equivalent
• Some experience of payroll
• Expert in the use of Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to organise workload to meet competing priorities with a flexible approach
• Able to work autonomously with a mature outlook
• Use of Sage payroll would be beneficial
• The right to work in the UK
Salary and Benefits
• From £20,000 per annum depending on experience
• Full time hours
• 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata plus bank holidays and potential for flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Life assurance up to four times annual salary to nominated person(s)
• Interest free travel loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced sick pay
How to apply
Simply email a CV, together with a covering letter explaining your motivation and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org