Walnut is a full-service market research agency looking for a solid Research Manager to head up the online Omnibus service. Walnut is more than a research agency, it’s the human understanding agency. Walnut has come together with one intent: to understand human behaviour at its deepest, and most emotional, level. Socially, economically and neurologically.
Our Omnibus service is central to our human understanding proposition. We work for numerous high-profile media organisations, Think Tanks, PR companies and others research agencies, all of whom depend on fast, cost effective research to collect insight and help them guide their decisions; Omnibus is continually evolving with the application of new, innovative research techniques (e.g. reaction time testing, facial coding) to remain the go-to service in a competitive market.
Our ideal candidate will have a number of years of experience working for a market research agency. Key tasks involve: managing the Omnibus team, ensuring a smooth delivery of Omnibus and its commercial success; preparing cost memos for new and existing clients and champion Omnibus within the Walnut team & the wider group while working closely with other departments and drive the commercial success of the team.
Expectations, responsibilities and skills:
- Ensures smooth delivery of Omnibus projects from cost requests, questionnaire design, set-up and data delivery
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of results
- Identifies the best approach to answer client’s brief and independently pulls together cost requests and timings
- Questionnaire design, script & toplines checking, data checking
- Manage other members of the Omnibus team and the team’s workload
- Manage external client relationship as well as relationships within the company and the wider Unlimited group
- Responsible for generating conversations through warm and hot lead generation
- Good attention to detail, multi-tasking and working towards tight deadlines
- Good understanding of research methodology and different research techniques Walnut offers, and has confidence in installing them within the offer and in conjunction with human understanding
Wider responsibilities, with support, include….
- Help identify proposition opportunities and development, and drives new development and innovation in conjunction with members of Walnut Labs (innovation team)
- Keep abreast of competitor positioning and activity
- Work with marketing and sales to promote Omnibus and increase sales (through sales and marketing activities, in conjunction with Walnut’s wider marketing team)
- Highly motivated, proactively managing their own workload & the team’s
- Flexibility to work with a wide range of clients with different level of understanding of research techniques
- Can develop client accounts, through building strong relationships
- Can communicate effectively with technical specialists in various teams
- Has ability to provide clear written and verbal communications
This role could be based in London (Soho) or Winchester